Pherotruth, DiscoverXS, and other pheromone forums provide a wealth of knowledge for experienced, as well as new pheromone users… but how much should you rely on them?
I’m not exactly sure when my actual “pheromone journey” began, but I remember reading & eventually joining some pheromone forums (PheroTalk) around 2011-2012.
In that time I’ve come a long way.
But not without a bit of regular hateration, which is what I wanted to discuss in this article (especially with a few people among the Pherotruth forum).
Truth be told, I haven’t really contributed for a long time, even though there are still some pretty cool people that hang out there – and I’ll discuss some thoughts on DiscoverXS a little later down the page.
These days, I’m more inclined to focus on my own projects, such as testing pheromone molecules, products, and working on the House Of Pheromones.
But what I really want to discuss, are some of the criticisms aimed at me from various members of Pherotruth.
I won’t be naming names, because I don’t monitor the forum for mentions, and there are bound to be things that I missed.
One of the core criticisms is that House Of Pheromones is “just” an affiliate website, designed purely for making money.
And because of that, people feel that my findings are just promotional and not factual.
Clearly, there are review sites that are in it for the money… they’re the ones promoting blatant scam pheromone products like Nexus that overhype and oversell products that we all know are trash.
Usually, these scammers offer affiliates are large percentage of the sale, because it is still a fraction of what the product is worth.
But anyway, these criticisms towards me rarely account for the fact I had contributed to the Pherotruth forum with pheromone molecule testing and mixing, uncovering certain molecules in pheromone products, and also discovering clashes.
Here are just a few examples of research I contributed in the past on various pheromone forums (molecules and mixes).
- Androstenetrione observations. Some of my findings on this particular molecule are the most accurate to date. After a member mailed this to me (at my own risk I might add, since this is a banned substance in my country due to its testosterone boosting effects), I immediately put it into a custom fragrance solution and began my testing. To date, I was among the first to conclude that it was a beautifier, but also had emotional effects such as being remembered in a “dreamy” kind of way.
- Nude/Nude Alpha observations. I had obtained these products prior to my testing on androstenetrione, and after much thought I realized that androstenetrione was very likely to be a core component in these products. Both products had a very similar “dreamy”/romantic feel about them… also, on the sales page it was mentioned that it may make you appear more attractive than you actually are. That was the comment that really “sealed the deal” on my observation.
- DHEA + androstadienone molecule clash. While these molecules don’t exactly cancel eachother out, I had already tested androstadienone extensively and become familiar with its effects. And to be more precise, the crushy/romantic effects of the molecule. Upon testing Cohesion-XS, I discovered that while the product did significantly reduce the “A1 blues” (anxiety, depressive effects of androstadienone), the DHEA seemed to be blocking the romantic/fallout feelings of the molecule. While it still created comfort effects, the longing, fallout effects seemed significantly diminished, which remains true today. I believe DHEA makes people less emotionally responsive in high doses, as it promotes feelings of well-being – by reducing emotional responses, whether they are good or bad.
- Pregnenolone + androstenone, androsterone. Pregnenolone was a cheap, easy molecule to get a hold of, and it had some very interesting effects. However, I found that it also made more aggressive molecules behave much more erratically. It was more likely to make me behave irrationally, not be able to keep a train of thought, and found it very difficult to focus on anything. It is a great molecule, but even today it is a relatively rare component in mainstream formulas since it seems to create issues in complex -androstene formulas.
These are just some of my findings I contributed on Pherotruth, which proves I am vetted and able to test mixes accurately.
I was “put off” from pheromone forums by the time DiscoverXS took off (a little bit more on that later).
But what I am getting at here is that House Of Pheromones is not a “fly by night” affiliate operation like 99% of the pheromone “review” sites out there.
Behind it is someone who has spent thousands of dollars, and countless hours out in the field putting the products to use.
And I would prefer to do it, without having to answer to self appointed critics who think everything should be “free”…
… because apparently anyone who makes money from pheromone research should pay for site hosting, buy products, take time to test them, write in depth reviews about them should be labelled “scammers” (not).
Yet that’s exactly what people have emailed me about, gone off about me on pheromone discussion forums, and think I’m just misleading people for the sake of money.
Hint: I have negative reviews too, and openly talk about crap products.
One of which almost got me sued (they would not be able to anyway, but litigation can get very expensive even if you can win easily).
I haven’t been active enough on DiscoverXS for this to happen, and I’m still behind on the PheromoneXS reviews… but its looking like a pretty cool little pheromone forum judging from my last visit.
The majority of criticism comes from people who want to discredit me for no other reason I make a little extra money for the time and effort put into this website.
Originally, it was PheromonePro that was attacked, but in a more vicious way.
… about a year into its operation, I had to start over on a different website (this one) due to abuse from competitors (such as down-rating excellent products when I left the public voting option on, spamming my website with comments, and bad links in order to try and get it penalized from search engines, and more).
As hard as it was, I had to change websites and start from scratch again with the House Of Pheromones there was just no coming back.
Although the website is still functional, it is very difficult to find it ranking anywhere for many pheromone search terms.
As it turns out though, it was really a blessing in disguise.
Having the website absolutely tarnished, actually allowed me to start fresh, with a strong foundation on how a great website should be built.
Much of my writing improved, and I was able to explain my pheromone findings more clearly, as well as being able to avoid the mistakes on the old site.
To be clear, I have no “ill will” towards Pherotruth, DiscoverXS, or any other pheromone forum (except maybe Pherotalk for their bizarre attitude towards customers).
Let’s not forget that the purpose of Pherotruth is to provide an avenue for uncensored opinions on pheromone products, and other related topics.
So it’s not like this was a surprise.
There are always going to be those who have something to say – good or bad.
With that said, once in a while I may pop in and jump into an interesting topic, or advise someone to steer clear of doing something (usually relationship issues and how pheromones relate to them).
But for now, most of my time and effort is focused into building House Of Pheromones into an excellent resource and to become an authority on the topic of pheromones.
Pherotruth was an excellent introduction to the pheromone community, and I’ve learned a lot from the many testers there.
One of my main concerns is that the community seems to be very split nowadays when I do have time to do a little browsing.
For example, there is a certain pheromone vendor who is banned there for reasons I don’t fully understand – although as far as I know, it was due to personal attacks on the owner.
I don’t know both sides of the story, so I can’t comment on who’s right or wrong, but I feel as if there should have been an attempt at reconcile.
We’re all human and screw things up every now and then, but I understand that it’s much easier to say than do.
There is another member (who has also attacked myself and my websites) who decided to run off and start pheromone-forum.com (no link, because the website is insignificant), and won’t even allow for discussion of my website for fear of losing their handful of readers (lol).
Pagodeiro (owner of pheromone-forum.com) refers to House Of Pheromones as a “scam site”, because he doesn’t like me.
Oh yeah, I asked for his advice once a few years ago, which in his mind automatically means I am still at the same skill level as I was a few years ago…
… and not worthy of reviewing pheromones properly (even though I have made far more concrete findings over the years).
He went absolutely apeshit once when a friend, thundr released a few products under his new Apex pheromone product line, and started attacking my website (even though there was no mention of it on PheromonePro or House Of Pheromones, only on Pherotruth), claiming we were in business together and that I was just shilling.
Well, we have no idea where that came from, but it became pretty funny to me down the track, although it was bizarre when it happened.
Anyway, excuse the little excursion into rant-land.
Back to Pherotruth – my other concern, is there (seems to be) very little in-depth research being done anymore.
I remember a time where there was a good handful of us that really explored all the possibilities of a molecule and went in depth.
But at the moment, it seems to be pretty quiet on that front.
Not the fault of any one person, but because the opinions seem so wide and varied, it would be excellent to be able to rebuild another community of pheromone forum testers to post research.
Currently, DiscoverXS (a PheromoneXS property) is leading the way with research and testing.
DiscoverXS is one of the newer forums, and is currently a pretty small community.
Originally, I was expecting the forum to be focused mainly on the PheromoneXS lineup, but of course SteveO is just a cool dude and lets people discuss all products and molecules (some of them are coded which will be used in the PXS lineup).
Forums like Pherotalk constantly monitor the posts there to ensure nobody talks about other products or other pheromone forums.
They do this because they want to keep their pheromone users under the illusion that they have the best products, get shills to hype their own products up, and ensure none of their fanbase discovers other excellent pheromone vendors.
Anyway, DiscoverXS is also an excellent resource for finding out more about their diffusion technology and technical aspects of pheromones.
Not to mention, a great resource for finding combos with PXS and other vendor products.
And lastly, one other concerns is the “bandwagon” mentality some people have when it comes to pheromones (and not just on pheromone forums).
DiscoverXS and Pherotruth are relatively small, but I have seen it in a few instances.
Basically what happens is that someone posts a discovery (whether good or bad), and then suddenly everyone else starts complaining about the same thing when there were no issues before.
This is called “confirmation bias”, where people start to believe what they THINK is true (based on what they’ve been told by someone else).
And with pheromones, this can be especially dangerous because of several reasons:
- Pheromones are very subjective as it is. Your personality, how you look, how you talk, walk, and behave means everyone is going to have slightly different experiences with the same products. For example, I know that Voodoo works fantastically well for me, as well as many people who have bought the product. When it first came out, people were befuddled about its effects… they couldn’t figure it out, and immediately labelled it as a dud. I myself had some trouble figuring it out. BUT, many people simply took other peoples word for it, and also started claiming that the product was ineffective. Until a few people (including myself) reviewed it and explained its purpose. Suddenly, the product boomed in popularity. This is a classic “bandwagon” effect.
- Too many preconceived notions about products means more bias. What I mean is that Pherotruth members (I am still currently a member), have noticed that many people start posting things before they’ve even tried a product. They read what another member may have said, and then start saying things as a matter of fact. Same goes for people who actually put in the time to test products who have their research taken and repeated elsewhere, be that another post, another forum, another website with no credits. I haven’t seen this on DiscoverXS, because its still small and I haven’t ever been active there – hope to be soon though.
- Bias of certain products or vendors based on other peoples experiences (this can also cause placebo)… I’ve seen many posts where something is totally inaccurate, but many people seem to start believing certain things about a product that may or may not be true. I saw this when people started saying L2K + Glace (or Wolf I think) was attracting… trannies? I have never experienced this, but for some silly reason this idea seems to have taken off. For the record, I tested this after someone asked about it and found no such thing. This is what I mean with placebo and bias.
Those are just a few things to watch out for, regardless of if you go to Pherotruth, DiscoverXS or any other pheromone forum.
All that said, I have had a very interesting experience so far to say the least.
I am definitely interested in being more active in the current community. But until House Of Pheromones is at the level I want it to be, I will probably be busy.
The good part about it though is that I’ll be caught up to most product reviews, and up to date by the end of 2017 (which should free up quite a bit of time to catch up with everyone).
This is an exciting little underground world we have, and we should all try to stick together and advance this technology.
It’s probably one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done and had the pleasure of discovering 🙂
Have fun and party on at DiscoverXS, Pherotruth or whatever other pheromone forums float your boat!
Thanks for reading,