DHEA – The “Youthful”, Funny Pheromone
- Common name/s: DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone
- Also known as: dehydroisoandrosterone, pragesterone, androstenolone, 5-DHEA
- Chemical name/s: (3β)-3-Hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 5-Androsten-3β-ol-17-one
- Molecular Weight: 288.424 g/mol
- CAS Number: 53-43-0
Known effects from testing and reports
- DHEA (in pheromone form) is best known for creating very pleasant feelings on a more “physical” level than most other pheromones. For example, you may feel more centered, “at peace”, and more kinesthetically connected to your body, and your mind+body connection. This makes sense (although it is not always clear when it comes to what compounds do IN the body, vs outside in pheromone form)… because dehydroepiandrosterone is the most abundant circulating steroid hormone in humans.
- Promotes a sense of health and wellbeing. You will notice less mental clutter, and be able to focus much more effectively. This is similar to androsterone in its effects for me personally. Remember, those are derivatives from the core molecule (dehydroepi-ANDROSTERONE).
- DHEA tends to be much more well rounded as a single pheromone, as opposed to”extreme” effects, such as those exhibited by alpha/beta androsterone, androsterone sulfate, etc as described above. DHEA is also an excellent addition to formulas that contain its derived pheromones, as it rounds out the overall pheromone signature and makes it friendly, more alpha, and more attractive.
- Some people have noticed visual sharpening effects, although I believe this is mainly due to the increased sense of “drive” you feel while wearing DHEA (in terms of focus and concentration). You will feel much more focused on things in your immediate environment, rather than getting a “bigger picture” of everything you can see.
- You will get a very good energy boost, which is not jittery or like the “high” feelings of other pheromone molecules. It is an excellent mood enhancer, which promotes social fluidity, friendliness from men and women, and gets people to see you in a positive light.
- Tends to amplify the effects of most pheromones, in particular androstenetrione, and alpha/beta androstenol. However, it is also a strong “buffer” for other alpha molecules and may reduce their effects in high doses.
- DHEA’s emotional “mood lift”, is because it tends to make things feel less serious/emotional overall. It can melt away negative feelings (worries, stress). But at the same time, this emotional “blunting” effect can make “romantic attraction” mixes less effective (because they are less likely to get emotionally invested in you).
- Negative effects: In high doses, you may experience a reduction in status, and be perceived as “immature”. However, in most pheromone formulas, dehydroepiandrosterone is only used as a buffer and amplifier, and not enough to cause negative reactions.