Oxytocin – The “Trust/Bonding” Pheromone
- Common name/s: Oxytocin
- Chemical name/s: α-Hypophamine, Oxytocic hormone
- Molecular Weight: 1007.19
- CAS Number: 50-56-6
Known effects from testing and reports
- Oxytocin is not officially classified as a pheromone, and there is ongoing debate as to whether it actually works or not. There seems to be rough a 50/50 divide between people who see results and those who don’t. If you see the molecular weight, it is about 3x what most of the other human pheromones and chemicals I’ve listed above. I suspect people that see results are using very effective diffusion methods such as ISO E Super (common fragrance additive), while others use standard methods.
- Oxytocin is a chemical released after orgasm, which is suspected to be released as a bonding agent between partners. It can create feelings of intense connection, trust and love.
- To use oxytocin effectively, most people find that they need to be very close by in order for it to take effect. There are intra-nasal sprays which allow people to take small doses of oxytocin as a mood enhancer and relaxant.
- Interestingly, while people to trust you more, oxytocin does not appear to make people like you more (except for romantic partners). People will see you as trustworthy and will want to be closer to you. people seem to take everything a bit more seriously, even if you are joking.
- Oxytocin appears to have a very short half life when outside the skin – most people report the strong effects within an hour of application, and then taper off dramatically.
- In some cases, oxytocin can cause EXTREME character changes, especially over prolonged use. I believe this is the result of a self effect and taking your “thoughts” more seriously. If you think highly of yourself, you might notice extreme confidence to the point of cockiness or arrogance. If you think negatively of yourself, you may wind up feeling depressed, lethargic, like something is wrong with your life etc.
- “The neuropeptide oxytocin becomes increasingly attractive not only for neurobiologists, psychologists and psychiatrists, but also for sociologists and economists promoted by the discovery of amazing behavioral functions it regulates, especially in the context of social interactions.” (study linked below)
- “Originally, oxytocin has been reported as a hormonal key regulator of female reproductive functions in all mammalian species when secreted into blood. Thus, oxytocin accelerates the delivery process as it promotes uterine contractions, and is essential for milk ejection during lactation.”
- Oxytocin is a main regulator of pro-social behavior
- Oxytocin may help build long lasting love
- Oxytocin appears to be correlated with increases in trust and in emotion recognition ability.
- Oxytocin increases trust in humans
- Raw Chemistry Pheromone Cologne Review: Average Product, But Works Okay - March 10, 2020
- Casanova by S1CK Jewelry (SILENT Lady Killer, “Crushy Imprinting” Social Mix) - March 8, 2020
- Alpha Q by S1CK: A True PLAYER Attraction Formula (Better Than Bad Wolf?!) - September 25, 2018